[Magdalen] needing to vent

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:36:13 UTC 2015

I just need somewhere to vent.  I was asked to write an article on one side
of an issue.  Asked for story, not just a legislative piece (this is
something for General Convention, which I'm watching from afar this year).
Told 500 words.  Another priest was being asked to write an article from
the other side of the issue.

I really struggled trying to get story and then also theology into the 500
word limit.  I cut and cut and cut what I had first written.  Moaned to a
few people that if only I could have another 200 words I'd be able to do a
better job of the theology part that I wanted to express.  But I stuck with
the 500 words and sent it in.

Today, the other side's piece was printed (mine will be in tomorrow) - -
and lo and behold, it's almost 700 words.

vent. vent. vent.  sigh . . .