[Magdalen] A California court has been asked to block the sale of St Jame...

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 21:46:03 UTC 2015

Jim

This is the article to which I was referring
http://www.virtueonline.org/binghamton-ny-episcopal-diocese-sells-historic-church-muslims

The  death knell for the structure as a Christian house of worship was
delivered on  February 9, 2010, when it was sold to Imam Muhammad Affify, doing
business as  the Islamic Awareness Center, for a mere $50,000, a fraction of
the church's  assessed $386,400 value.

That  isn't even mart business

Blessings
Martin

From:  Zephonites--- via Magdalen

>You know that TEC's policy under the  present PB is not to sell back to a
>departing congregation (but rather  in one case they sold the building
below

I know no such thing. Our PB  does not have that power. Several dioceses
have
sold churches to departed  congregations during the past 30 years or so
when this
crap started over  the 1979 BCP and Women's Ordination.

I do like the Xenophobic Muslim  reference in your e-mail though. In some
quarters here in the U.S., that  would extend to "The PB is okay selling
churches
to Muslims but not okay  selling to poor downtrodden schismatics who harass
their
bishop (and hate  those LGBT people).

Seriously, I think you're unfamiliar with TEC, or  have at least been
reading
anti-TEC propaganda in lieu of actual news  of  TEC. Heck some of us even
get a
dose of that when The Livid  Church chows up on the doorstep <g>.

Cheers,
Jim