[Magdalen] A California court has been asked to block the sale of St James...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jun 27 21:47:17 UTC 2015

When our parish subscription to The Living Church ran out last time (maybe
5 years ago?), I let it lapse because it chose to include the schismatic
churches as "part of the Anglican Communion" [sic].  Martin clearly knows
very little of what's really going on in TEC, though he is not excused for
that, as some of his countrymen do manage to keep up on the facts, rather
than the fallacy.  But Martin also seems to have a limited knowledge of the
fuller meaning of scripture as well, so "limited knowledge" may be the
phrase of the day with regard to Martin.  And yes, I do think racist,
xenophobic language is much more permissible across the pond, as far as I
could gather from my recent travels, than it is in educated circles in the
US.  I'm surprised, given the tone and tenor of this pub, that he's
continued to post the things he has.  Clearly he either hasn't read the
guidelines for pub membership, or he chooses to disregard them.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu