[Magdalen] Supreme Court

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:24:37 UTC 2015

Roger:

What I quoted to you applies only to judges in the federal system.

The state (and local) courts and judges are governed by their respective
state constitutions and laws.  Some judges are appointed, some elected.
Some states but not all provide for periodic election, some have a periodic
"approval".  It's all over the place.  State judges are required to follow
the US Constitution as construed by the Supreme Court, but the rules about
election and term of office are locally determined.

If you have trouble sleeping, you could read this:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/justice-101/federal-courts

or:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_judiciary_of_the_United_States

Eleanor

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com