[Magdalen] Supreme Court

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:33:09 UTC 2015

Ours are elected by a largely uninformed electorate who have to negotiate a massive bed sheet ballot-paper. I suspect many skip that section and others vote blindly. I heard that candidates with Irish-looking surnames do better than others. Then there are the bed sheet ballots on which we vote yes or no on whether to retain each of dozens of judges. I vote no on all, but it is very rare that one of them gets tossed out.

There are ways to do homework on these, mainly by reviewing the recommendations of the various legal societies and being sure to vote no on the stinkers.

Terrible system, in my view. But probably a good system to get into as a new candidate once you've legally changed your surname to O'Sullivan.

Sent from my iPad