[Magdalen] Suzie and Center Aisle

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:35:17 UTC 2015

Thanks for sharing, that was lovely.

I was struck by the comment about making the waters and grace of baptism
more visible in  our churches - such a simple point but so relevant.

We are very far from the "here is some water, why can't I be baptised"
question that is the climax of my favourite story in Acts. Instead, baptism
involves an entire fal-de-rol, a special service, and I guess for an older
catechumen, a process of teaching first. It's just not available to people
in the same way that Communion is.

Even my Pentecostal friends whose chuch makes a huge deal of adult baptism
and performs a lot of them, has to prepare a great big baptismal bath and
set up a service for that purpose.

Perhaps our churches should have an inner courtyard with a fountain or
water pool, like the house churches of the early Christians that have been
excavated in Asia Minor.

Sally D