[Magdalen] renting an office

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:30:54 UTC 2015

I've grown tired of trying to work at home. Too many distractions.

This is one of those "if only I had two million dollars" stories.

Have been looking around for private office/studio space to rent.
Just talked with a rental agent. I can rent space in Cambridge
(where studio apartments start at around $2000 per month) for
$450.00. And much less in Watertown or Waltham or Quincy,
the cheap&safe older suburbs.

Here's my newly-formed business plan. Because there are loads
of smallish office buildings for rent in the area. Office space,
wireless internet, security and technical support on site, opens
at 8:00 am and closes down at 8:00 pm, no occupancy permit.
Common-space cleaning with the possibility of paying extra
for office cleaning.

With all the people retiring but continuing to work casually, you
could be making serious moolah in a couple of years. If only I
had two million bucks.

ObAng, not so much, but several of us are retired and/or downsizing.
-M