[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:52:58 UTC 2015

I was tsught that the chuppa symbolizes the tents the
ancient Hebrews lived under in their wanderings on the
way north from Egypt. But others say it represents the
new home or even the couple's bedroom.

A friend who's a florist makes good money constructing
them. The shade is welcome on a warm sunny day and
makes the bride &groom look beautiful. Nothing as
unfortunate as a bride who's squinting or scowling and
sweating.

Like the baldachin but prettier (and impermanent).
-M