[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:52:40 UTC 2015

My long-time spiritual director often told me that in order to be a good
Christian, one must first be a good Jew.  Dawn and I are blessed to have
some Jewish friends.  One couple's daughter invited us to her Aufruf, which
is a pre-wedding ceremony.  I was told by their rabbi that it is a high
honor for gentiles to be invited to such a ceremony.  The service made me
weep. I love reading Martin Buber and Abraham Joshua Heschel.  I keep going
back to Buber's "Tales of The Hasidim" for wisdom.  I have a Christian
tallit that I usually wear when praying privately.

+++
Grace & peace,
jon

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com