[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 1 18:49:48 UTC 2015

I see nothing in these articles that indicate this is a sudden increase.

In fact, by the time the US Newsweek gets to any numbers (way down the article)
it's pointed out that some of these numbers are simply normal Zionist migration
to Israel.

Now if there's an article that doesn’t cherry-pick numbers, say to show a sudden
change in the trend (rather than maybe a blip) I'd be interested.

Of course, as the Caller article points out, it is in Israel's interest o
attract as many immigrants as possible, because otherwise, Arabs will outnumber
Jews in Israel by 2020 (though I suspect these estimates may include the West
Bank).

Of course, there are quite a few people who cite American ant-Semitism as
well -- even in TEC we see people willing to excuse rockets out of Gaza because
they think Israel "deserves it" or criticize Israel for not letting certain
construction materials into Gaza when it turns out that stuff is used for
terrorist tunnels.

And indeed, some Jews move to Israel from the US -- because of anti-Semitism?

Cheers,
Jim