[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:57:29 UTC 2015

Some of my childhood friends went to "Hebrew camp,"
which probably should have been called "Zionist camp," and
some came back very changed by the experience. I still
remember their refusal to bow their heads during the
morning recitation of the Lord's Prayer (yes, we used to
recite at the beginning of the school day in the public
schools). When they got older they went to Israel, too.
I think they all came back, though.

We has many a giggle when Netanyahu was elected. One of
my colleagues is married to a professor af Brandeis, and so
knew him socially. She couldn't believe someone she'd met
when he was a student was now a prime minister.
-M