[Magdalen] Indian (and other) English

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 01:37:09 UTC 2015

My mother's Prestige Pressure Cooker tucked the pressure relief valve under
the handle that went across the top of the boiler. It was a necessity in
our household - we were able to enjoy much more the cheaper cuts of beef
that all turned to grey lumps that could be swallowed with a suitable
amount of sauce.
My favourite recipe was Hedgehogs - beef rissoles with white rice mixed
into them, cooked in a tomato sauce. Having never, at that stage, seen a
hedgehog, I nevertheless assumed them to be more attractive than the much
larger and spinier Australian echidna, with which I *was* familiar.

Regards
Lesley de Voil