[Magdalen] Tan is In.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 20:38:37 UTC 2015

The annual interior design edition of the Mpls/St. Paul (MN) Magazine
arrived today, and there are several featured dwellings and numerous
advertisements, all with a seeming strong preference of tan/off  white/grey
decorating schemes.

One searches in vain for a touch of color, even a vase of flowers, or
some throw pillows.

So I guess tan is in, at least in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

Switching to West Central Wisconsin -

I'm reminded of some local matrons touring the grand colonial home
owned by my neighbor, a radiologist who happens to be gay.
The home is fitted out with a tremendous collection of English and
American 18th and early 19th century antiques.

The matrons were breathless.  Finally one of them was able to say,
"It's all so...so...so Minneapolis!  The radiologist was aghast.   He
thought
they might at least have said, "so Chicago" or "so New York", or  even,
"so London".  But "so Minneapolis?"

David Strang.