[Magdalen] Pressure cooker redux

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 01:39:05 UTC 2015

I picked up yesterday's food section of the local paper, and this was the
lead of one of the articles:

"It's one of the most pervasive of culinary clichés--the exploding pressure
cooker. And thanks to it, all manner of otherwise adept home cooks
fearfully retreat from this kitchen workhorse."

Timing, timing....

But the article was very interesting, talking as it did about the new breed
of pressure cookers., most of which are now electric--who knew? And
apparently some of them are actually three appliances in one--pressure
cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker. Some even have Bluetooth controls you
can use with a smartphone.  (Now THAT's a little scary for me!)

At any rate, in light of our recent thread on this topic, I thought this
was interesting.  And there was a recipe with the article for white bean,
pancetta soup that looked good--though I'd probably just cook it on the
stove the regular way.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

It's a good thing Mary didn't have to wait for a Doctrine of the
Incarnation
before she said "Yes" to God.