[Magdalen] Sabbatical in England - not me, but I wish!

Roger Stokes r.s.stokes.65 at cantab.net
Sat Mar 7 00:28:37 UTC 2015

The first point I have to make is that I cannot offer accommodation or
an altar.  My apartment is of very modest size and when I officiate it
is as a guest of somebody else.  A priest ordained in and for TEC also
needs permission from the Archbishop here, ++Canterbury for most of
England, if they are to officiate in the Church of England as well as
diocesan permission.  The latter might well be subsumed into the
archiepiscopal permission for a short visit.

A clearer idea of what Fr Mark would like to do would be helpful in
making suggestions.  I expect to be in the USA in mid-June, arriving
back this side of the pond on the Nativity of St John the Baptist, but
would be happy to meet and discuss C/E perspectives if he wishes.

Roger