[Magdalen] "Formal Speech"

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 04:52:00 UTC 2015

I'm not a fanatic about the inevitable appearance of new terms  creeping
into English, or new usage of words already in the language.

I am aware that English has always been changing, and will continue  to
do so forever.

IOW, I don't want to start the English equivalent of the French  Academy,
the organization for the purity of the French language.

I do think some of the shortcuts so prevalent cheapen the language,
and ultimately affect comprehension.  If language is completely  without
rules, it's counterproductive.

David S.