[Magdalen] Near the end of my rope

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:14:56 UTC 2015

Dear Jim, we are all in this with you. That is what this group is about.
This of us who have experience with death and dying understand where you
are coming from.

Does your hospice agency not supply aides? Many if not most do, and they
are specially trained to deal with the anger issues of those who are dying.
They're usually paid better than the "regular" agency aides, too, so are
likely to be of a higher quality to start with. My former DIL was a hospice
home care aide and whatever her other faults may be, she was damn good at
that.

I'm glad you are getting a respite. I daresay the time away may be good for
Marcy, too, as she may get a chance to do some of the work she needs to do.
Leaving of this life is not going to be easy for any of us, that is why we
all want to go quickly (and few of us do!)