[Magdalen] FB this morning, possibly TMI

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 15:35:35 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/3/2015 10:33:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Interesting, Lynn, because the "opening" service in the new chapel  took
place a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday evening. I watched the first  half
of it from here.
I'll be interested in hearing your take on it, and I  look forward to
seeing it myself when I'm up there next  week.>>>

Not intending to be insulting to VTS graduates/admirers, and strictly  a
personal thought about the new VTS Chapel:

The Sistine Chapel the new VTS Chapel is not.

It is, instead, an irregular white box which IMHO lacks color and
architectural focus.  Yes, it does have the open, "gather around"  seating
arrangement common to most contemporary worship spaces, and
perhaps sees itself as being complete and whole only when there is
a Liturgy in progress.

The latter was the same intent in the building of Marcel Breuer's St.
John's
Benedictine Abbey at Collegeville, MN, which is said to