[Magdalen] 130% Vit C.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:07:51 UTC 2015

It has nothing to do with one's daily requirement. It's MINIMUM daily
requirement (MDR) and of course the actual daily requirement is an
individual thing. Yours or mine not only may be higher, but in many
instances is significantly higher (and for others the requirement may be
lower).

A lot of folks seem to be convinced that a large dose of vitamin C is a
very healthy thing. We have found it accurate for decades.

And there are also a lot of folks who seem to be convinced this is untrue.
I'm reminded here of the kids on another web site who are so very sure that
there is no god, and how adamant they are to correct others who are not as
enlightened as they on the matter.

And of course the MDR is just that. It says nothing about how a larger dose
might in fact be better.

A lot of us have been taking a gram a day for decades, and feel it has not
been a bad decision.

To those who are so sure the high doses of C has been disproven, with all
due respect, I just ignore that, because of my own personal experience and
that of many acquaintances.  I also remember all of those very wise and
well informed folks who were so sure that agent orange wasn't causing a
problem with vets from areas where it was used.  I remember some fairly
heated exchanges.  The wise, well-informed folks were so sure of
themselves, and so deeply offended that anyone would question them, right
up to the point where they finally admitted that Orange had been causing
all sorts of problems for years.  Who can guess how many lifes were lost or
maimed because of all that stupid, stupid, pointless arrogant
we-know-it-all pride?

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford