[Magdalen] Glad news - and a new urgent prayer request

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:36:03 UTC 2015

Thanks, Lesley...

My sister went over there and helped Drien do all the necessary - she'd
already called the ambulance though it was obvious he'd been gone for
hours. Police, funeral home...and arranged for Drien's best friend Riekie
to come over and stay. Riekie's boarded from work after undergoing brain
surgery last year and though still a bit mentally fluffy at times is a
capable lady, the two of them are very close and spend most weekends
together so it won't feel weird for Drien to have her there.

I doubt if there was any sleep in that house overnight though.

Hugh was a difficult guy, he more or less smoked himself to death and was
defiant towards doctors (and people in general). Last year he spent two
days in hospital and it was clear how much he hated that. So for him this
isn't a bad outcome but oh, so hard on those left behind. He was a kind and
generous husband and Drien adored him...

Sally D