[Magdalen] Cowboy pizza.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 20:11:38 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/11/2015 1:38:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Now if  the dog down the hill would just stay the heck out of my yard.  >>>
Sour grapes, perhaps -

When I lived in West Central Wisconsin (Eau Claire), I would  occasionally
get lazy, and just let my dogs out in the AM to do their doggy-do.   Mostly
they ran down into the labyrinth of trails in the back woods (we  had
10 acres).

I found a note one day in my mail box from a woman who lived down the
cul-de-sac about a block away and she was upset about my Schnauzers
dirtying her property.  I was quite surprised, since I had never seen  my
dogs tend to wander.  I called her immediate next door neighbor, a  good
friend and he told me he had never seen my dogs in that area, but that
another
neighbor had small dogs.  It was his belief that the complainer  was
mixing them up.

Nonetheless, I had the immediate back yard fenced in at that point  (1984
cost - about $5,000).  I could relax then knowing my dogs were not
offending
any of the neighbors, but at a real cost.  The complaining neighbor  later
realized her mistake, and apologized for the tone of her note.  I felt  like
asking her to seal her apology with a check for $5.000!

$5,000 in 1984 = $ 11,400 in 2014.

David Strang.