[Magdalen] Great octopus tonight!

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:02:38 UTC 2015

Make sure you (or Evan)  don't try anything with small octopi the next
time you come to OZ, Sally. The blue-ringed octopus (usually smaller
than the palm of your hand) has a very toxic venom. It is tempting to
pick it up but it will bite! Read the Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-ringed_octopus
I see this genus exists in the Indian Ocean. Do they come as far south
as where you are?

I agree, they are quite intelligent creatures.

Regards
Lesley de Voil