[Magdalen] Great octopus tonight!

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:32:22 UTC 2015

No blue ringed octopi here...

Our oceans are a lot friendlier than Australia's, though we do have to
contend with Great Whites (and a few other sharks that occasionally bite),
as well as Bluebottles or Portuguese Men O' War which are not lethal but
can sure ruin a day at the beach.

In terrestrial rivers and lakes we have hippos and crocs which you wouldn't
want to meet in either case.

It's said though that our most lethal creature by far is the mosquito,
though there's no malaria this far South. No crocs either or hippos outside
of game reserves.

What we need are more Ocean based conservancies and vigorous protection of
wildlife especially the rhino which is just an ongoing heartache and
massive tragedy.

Sally D