[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:00:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I've had little rhubarb since my youth, though there was a company
> headquartered in Michigan called  "Chef Pierre" that put out a  wonderful
> rhubarb pie (among others) back in the 1980's, but I have been
> unsuccessful in finding them here recently.

A few of my faculty colleagues at Traverse City Central High School in
1984-85 (my only year teaching German there) had summer jobs in the
Chef Pierre factory. It was best not to ask them for details about
what it was like to make Chef Pierre pies. Something about sweat
dripping into the mix in the hot factory. I didn't ask what else!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA