[Magdalen] RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:07:08 UTC 2015

I sat with my mother as she was dying and I was ASTONISHED at
the similarities with labor and childbirth. Many years later I had a
friend who was a doula, and she said the same. Her father's dying
was more like childbirth than she ever would have imagined.

I remember thinking it was as if my mother were giving birth to
her new self.

One of my old friends died of Alzheimer's because she forgot how
to eat. She choked to death, if you can beleve it.
-M