[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:30:46 UTC 2015

We had a problem with fasting communion because of this.

In the early days, it was Eucharist at 8:00, then people went home to
breakfast, then at the 11:00 service only the clergy received. It truly
was a performance.

When the principal service went to 11:00 (and ran for over an hour),
acolytes were dropping like flies. A period of adjustment followed.

Screens: at my great-aunts' convent in Quebec, the nuns sit beyond
a very fobidding screen, while lay visitors sit in the same chapel,
unable even to see the sisters, just to hear them.
-M