[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 17:23:53 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/13/2015 12:20:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gapetard at stsams.org writes:

I do  agree with this. Our liturgies are clerical/professional enough and
need
the participation of all. Yes there are the layfolk in the sanctuary
assisting, but in a way that makes it look more clerical. We need more
vocal
participation by all. And more movement, but that's another  question.>>>

Not to disagree with you here, but I only point out that experience  in
the USA is that the average churchgoer really doesn't want to
sing/stand/kneel
or other kinetic activity when coming to church.  USA churchgoers in
general
want to sit on their derrieres and be entertained.

It's easy with this in mind to see how the Evangelical mega-churches  pack
them in.  When you watch their worship, it's all clergy and  choirs, with
quiet congregation smiling and relaxing.

Not my cup of tea.  However, trying to get average Americans to  participate
actively is to swim upstream.

David Strang.