[Magdalen] RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:46:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:07 PM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sat with my mother as she was dying and I was ASTONISHED at
> the similarities with labor and childbirth. Many years later I had a
> friend who was a doula, and she said the same. Her father's dying
> was more like childbirth than she ever would have imagined.

I wasn't with my dad when he died, but my mom was. She was about to
help him prepare to go to dinner, and he was found to have simply and
silently departed. I know it depressed him to realize he was in the
nursing home (a quite nice one) permanently; I like to think he looked
around and decided life wasn't going to get better than that, his dear
wife was there, and he somehow consented to (or nodded yes to a call
to) step through the veil.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA