[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 19:09:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/13/2015 2:39:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kate.conant at gmail.com writes:

At  our
church only those at the altar wear vestments/robes (priest, altar boys  and
assistants).>>>

In twenty-five years of RC cantoring, I only once unilaterally made a
decision to wear my Anglican cassock and long choir alb when I
was singing the Easter Vigil Exsultet.  I made arrangements to  de-vest
immediately at the conclusion of this chant.

Frankly, I've never encountered the Exsultet chanted better than I  used
to do it, and at that Vigil, I thought I'd really nailed it.

Instead of some sort of positive comment or thanks, the assistant  priest
of that parish saw me after the Liturgy and his only comment was
"You looked like a mini-priest"   :-(

I never donned a vestment in the RCC again.

David Strang.