[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:19:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> Instead of some sort of positive comment or thanks, the assistant  priest
> of that parish saw me after the Liturgy and his only comment was
> "You looked like a mini-priest"   :-(

Always interesting to encounter these odd comments about a vestment. A
rector in a previous parish proclaimed the cope "imperialistic." I
think of that comment every time I see a cope (every Sunday at least).

However, I must admit that when I started attending Episcopal
churches, especially for Sunday Morning Prayer, I found it difficult
to determine who was a priest and who wasn't; there was usually the
rector on one side of the chancel and a cassocked-and-surpliced
officiant on the other side who seemed to have a lot to say in the
service and who I later found out was a lay reader.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA