[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 17:11:40 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/14/2015 12:43:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I will  admit that I am having my troubles with the Lutheran service music,
which  isn't chant but is something else entirely. Some of it doesn't seem
to make  a lot of musical sense. I was relieved when Lent got here and we
retreated  to the "Land of Rest" setting. Whew!>>>

This is a common complaint even from Lutherans who have been singing
these settings since the advent of the green LBW in the 1970's.

My ELCA relatives bitch about the Lutheran service music all the  time.

David Strang.