[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 18:48:57 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/15/2015 2:00:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
F.von-Prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk writes:

>We  don't have a Gloria either...'

You mean NEVER? Of course you wouldn’t  have it now in Lent, but  never?

Ferdinand>>>>

I loved to go with family members to the big Norwegian
Lutheran church in nearby Superior, Wisconsin USA, and I loved
the Liturgy for which the presider's part was sung by the pastor,
a former member of the famed Saint Olaf Choir.  There was
a REAL pipe organ, not some electronic substitute.

However, the old Norwegian Lutheran Synod (now part of the ELCA)
routinely used the Antecommunion only for Sunday Liturgy.  In  this,
only the first two phrases of the Gloria were listed (with music), and
nothing more.

Even as a child I found myself wondering what happened to the rest
of the Gloria.  Did they consider the rest of it heretical?  I  think the
LBW restored the full Gloria or a substituted Hymn of Praise.

David Strang.