[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 05:05:16 UTC 2015

Well, our usual service ("the 9.30") has no psalm at all. Instead, a long
line of frequently dreary or banal "choruses". We don't have a Gloria
either...'

It's a slippery slope, I tell you, but where it begins...? Can't be the
Coronation Mass as we have NEVER had that.

Our former parish used to chant the psalm fairly often, but only the choir
ever really wanted to.

I'm quite happy with a said psalm but I do like the responsorial aspect, it
helps me connect with the meaning more effectively and I'm sure that's not
just because I like it but something about the way it makes your brain work

Sally D