[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 15 17:39:25 UTC 2015

From: Scott Knitter

>> Plainchant should appear at the principal TEC service on Sunday morning with
>> the same frequency as the entire Bach b-Minor Mass or Mozart's Coronation
>>  >>and the like.

>So at St Mary the Virgin, NYC, for example, should they cut it out?

Some Masses are strictly the dreadful settings found in H82, such as the 10 AM
on Sundays and the weekday Masses offering music, so one is not forced to endure
plainchant and Vittoria and the like if it's not one;s preference.

StMtV was also one of those parishes with 8 AM HC and with only the Celebrant
receiving at !! Am, as was mentioned in this thread -- well into the 1960s. I
was shocked the first time I went there when I was about 14 or 15.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie