[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 15 17:45:13 UTC 2015

From: Ferdinand von Prondzynski

>What’s a “TEC service”?

TEC= The Episcopal Church

>And I’m afraid I disagree with what you say above. I’m not saying that
>every church for every service should have Gregorian chant. But for some
>it’s the right thing. As indeed for some, admittedly few, the Coronation
>Mass is. And I think it’s not really anyone’s business to tell parishes
>what they "should" have, or not.

We have lots of people (and the TEC national HQ, otherwise known as 815) pumping
out all manner of parish growth advice at retreat, seminars and in printed
reports (one I referenced earlier in the thread)  that does exactly that. It's
pretty basic stuff in TEC nowadays.

Nearly everyone wants to keep the lights on, after all -- with an ever-shrinking
number believing they'd rather shut their doors than do something other than
"What we've always done."

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie