[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Mar 16 00:44:37 UTC 2015

My experience has been that all churches use the Gloria, but sometimes
change it out for some other song of praise, usually one of the canticles
in the BCP (except during Lent and Advent, of course).

As for the Eucharist being 45 minutes:  our 8:00 (spoken, no music) is
that, or less; I've also experienced that if kids are present for the full
service, the shorter the better.  Everyone prefers as short as possible
(ASAP?).  But if kids are in Sunday School during the service, as long as
it's interesting, nobody minds a longer service.  It's just hard to hold
kids for more than 45 minutes (if that).  Today I did an instructed
Eucharist, mostly during the sermon time, and mostly attended by only the
adults -- and people loved it.  It ran quite long (maybe as long as 45
minutes), but (and I know that mostly you only hear from the ones who liked
it) I heard many positive comments (and even eavesdropped and overheard
some, when they didn't know I was there listening).

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu