[Magdalen] My Church

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 14:59:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/16/2015 10:14:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Some  object, but I think that's more a matter of the food bank being a
"feel  good" endeavor for the participants in the congregation rather than
a "How
can we help as many in Need as we can?"  strategy.>>>>

Not noted for his quiet diplomacy, TEC music consultant Mason Martens
said on several occasions that it was his opinion that some Manhattan
parishes had real difficulty deciding on whether they were a parish
church or a soup kitchen.

This is a typical, snarky comment by Martens, but he may have hit
upon a bit of truth.

David S.