[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 16:17:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/17/2015 12:02:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mrobert.sinclair at gmail.com writes:

As a  retired Anglican priest living in Ontario, looking out my window at
Georgian Bay (still white with snow covered  ice)>>>

The bay that is big enough to be another Great Lake.

When is the usual time for the ice to break up?

The ice on the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania has been
breaking up and flowing out this week, and they worry about
flooding from ice jams.  So far so good.  The Susquehanna
often does not freeze over, but this winter it did.

Lake ice can be very destructive, too.  I recall those pictures
last spring from my home area over on Lake Mille Lacs, Minnesota
when strong winds pushed the melting ice into buildings along the
east side of this big Walleye fishing lake.

David Strang, remembering the clamor over the ice going out on the
Saint Croix River (MN/WI).  It was quite a sight and sound.