[Magdalen] My Church

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 02:17:12 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/17/2015 5:42:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

This is  sad to hear, as my dear wife was ordained at St. Luke's, lo these
many  years ago.>>>

Yours truly sang in the Saint Luke's Choir 1990-1992.  I  couldn't
stand the Rector of Saint Stephen's Procathedral at the time, and
decided to sing under Robert Herrema, as in the Robert Dale
Chorale.  It was nice.  Some in the choir were paid then,  and the choir
numbered about 20 on average.  There was a lot of camaraderie.

When the coast was clear (the St. Stephen's Rector left under a
cloud), I returned to the Procathedral.

The St. Luke's attendance was nothing like you mention, and I  would
guess around 90 at the main Choral Eucharist.  There was an  assistant
rector as well.

I'm sorry things have gone downhill since, but I certainly wouldn't  blame
the music, which was of high quality, IMHO.  It was certainly a  lot
better than the stuff across the avenue at Saint Peter's Cathedral.

David Strang.