[Magdalen] Prayer Request Summary Lent 4

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:22:42 UTC 2015

Prayer Request Summary Lent 4

Collect  for the Fourth Sunday of Lent 2015
Gracious Father, whose blessed Son Jesus Christ came down from heaven to be
the true bread which gives life to the world: Evermore give us this bread,
that he may live in us, and we in him; who lives and reigns with you and
the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Lord, open our lips, and our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Let us pray for our own needs and those of others.

+For the Church +

We pray for  ++Justin   and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that
all set their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Katharine, and for all bishops of TEC;
for newly elected Bishops in TEC (provide names for this PRSummary, if
desired) that they may serve Christ, their flock and the church
for the Episcopal Church in South Carolina as they move forward into their
ministry and challenges with joy
for the  Diocese of Maryland, Thomas Palermo, Heather Cook and their
families
for the Councils and Conventions of TEC, and those who serve them, and the
preparations leading up to General Convention this summer of 2015 in Salt
Lake City.
for General Seminary, NYC and it's students, faculty and trustees
for Ascension Church Chicago as they experience the shifts and changes of
reorganization (Scott Knitter 1/18/15)
for "Marion's Church" (2/14/15)
for All Saints", Morristown, Tennessee (Jay Weigel 3/2/2015)

+For all churches in the search process for new rectors: Trinity, Buffalo,
NY; St. Peter's, Eggertsville, NY; All Saints', Morristown, TN
+For all clergy seeking new calls:
+For all those preparing for ordained ministry:
+ For all Religious in their life of prayer:
+ For students in our midst:

+For the World
we pray for all elected officials in the USA that they may work together
for the good of all of the people of our country
and in the world in all their decision-making
we pray for an end to the death penalty in the United States and in all
countries where capital punishment is still permitted.
we pray for peace in the world and safety for our armed forces
we pray for those killed and injured in all foreign lands
we pray for those who have lost their lives by violence, whether by their
own action or the action of others.
we pray for ISIS that their hearts may be turned from anger and vengeance.
we pray for those killed and injured in cyclone Pam which hit Vanuatu last
week

+For our List Sisters and Brothers

for our sister Ginga Wilder, who has had an abnormal mammogram and is
awaiting further test results (3/16/16)
for our brother Richard Crawford, who fell down the stairs and sustained a
small fracture of his shoulder (3/15/15)
for our sister Kristin Rollins, dealing with "little bits and pieces of
life just piling up on her" (3/13/15)
for our brother Jim as he  cares for his wife Marcy and for his safe travel
and respite in Hawaii (3/6/15)
for our sister Sally and her family as they process (husband and father)
Keith's as yet unidentified health problems (3/4/15)
for our sister Susan Hagen, bit by a cat (3/2/15)
for our sister Marion as she begins the process of moving her household
(2/27/15)
for our sister Capers who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and
for Walter, her husband, and  all of her extended family (2/23/15)
for our brother Richard Crawford as he seeks employment at his 'dream
job'(2/3/15)
for our brudder Deacon Jon, who has entered hospice care and still
ministering to many ("And remember, I am nowhere near death" 12/4/14) and
his wife Dawn.

+Friends and Family

for Anjelica Hadsell,  a young woman from Norfolk, VA, who has gone missing
(Jay Weigel, 3/17/15)
For Lindsey, grieving her beloved dog Zipp, who had to be euthanized
following a sudden onset of paralysis which on autopsy was found to be
Myasthenia Gravis (Jay Weigel, 3/16/15)
for Jean, daughter-in-law of our sister Georgia+, who has been diagnosed
with breast cancer, and for her family (3/15/15)
for Karen, friend of our sister Susan Hagen, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer and who also has severe ulcerative colitis and difficult to
control diabetes (3/15/15)
for Allen, as he continues his recovery from a terrible fall at work and is
now beginning intensive physical therapy (Jay Weigel, 3/9/15)
for Gabrielle and Roger, Jimmie and Geri (Ann+ Markle, 3/9/15)
for Joy, friend of our sister Lynn, as she battles her third reoccurrence
of breast cancer and the difficult reaction she is having to the chemo
(update 3/7/15)
for the family of Capers as they support her in this time of uncertainty
(2/23/15)
for Tim and Nan, two friends of my wife from her AA group, who are battling
cancer. (Christopher Hart 2/21/15)
for Daniel, visitor at our sister Ginga's church on Ash Wednesday (2/18/15)
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim, who has entered Hospice
(2/18 /15)
for JWB, severely disabled friend of our brother Bob Rea who is in need of
a support system after the death of family members (2/2/15)

+With continuing prayers

for our sister Ann+ Markle, in her repeated attempts to regain abstinence
in her food addiction (3/9/15)
for  Robert and Eileen Smith aunt/uncle to our brother Scott, who are
experiencing health problems (12/30/14)
for Oliver and Robert (nephew/brother in law) of our sister Lynn, dealing
with hard choices and adult problems. (12/24/14)
for 17 year old Ryan, a good friend of my nephew Chris who is a young man
with a serious drinking problem, from our sister Sally (1/3/15)
for Debi Rothenberg friend of our sister Lynn, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer (12/3/14)
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim who is courageously living
with ALS
for brudder Jon, who is courageously living with SARC and COPD
for  sister Eleanor Braun, being treated for ovarian cancer
for brother Jim Guthrie, being treated for cancer
for Joy Munday, friend of our sister Lynn, being treated for 3rd
reoccurrence of breast cancer (after two long remissions)
for Scott the Younger, partner of our brother Scott
for Verni Tully, mother of our sister Lynn, who is living with the
challenging results of a stroke in 2011

+For our animal friends

for Zipp, Lindsey's border collie, gone to Rainbow Bridge (3/16/15)
for Tuco, Belgian Malinois pup of our sister Jay's other-kids John and
Melissa's family, suffering from a painful and horrific digestive condition
 (3/4/2015)
Tama 'kitty', owned by a friend of our brother Richard C, who has gone to
Rainbow Bridge (2/16/15)

+For the Departed

Sir Terry Pratchett, writer of wondrous and often hilarious fantasy
(3/12/15)
Hugh, who collapsed and died suddenly at home; also for his wife Drien, who
found him on her return from work (Sally Davies, 3/10/15)
Orrin Keepnews, record executive and producer of jazz classics 3/2/15)
Saturnino Orestes Armas Minoso "Minnie", longtime shortstop of the Chicago
White Sox (3/1/15)
Fr. Theodore Hesburgh, president emeritus of the University of Notre Dame
and crusader for civil rights and social justice (2/27/15)
Fr. Malcolm Boyd, author of "Are You Running with Me, Jesus?" (2/27/15)
Leonard Nimoy, Mr. Spock of the "Star Trek" TV series and movies (2/27/15)
+Jennifer Durand, priest of the Diocese of Virginia, who died following a
long struggle with ALS (2/19/150
Kirk Wyss, friend of our sister Jay Weigel and best buddy of her late ex
(2/20/15)

+We give thanks for blessings

for  the golden hammock of love and care in the pub when prayers are said
and emails are posted to each of us in our times of need.
that Keith Davies' worrisome "spots" found on a liver scan are definitely
not malignant (Sally Davies, 3/11/15)
for the engagement of Beth Conant and George Lambert (2/26/15)
for the 25th anniversary of the ordination of our sister Grace (2/17/15)
for the marriage of Ginny Wilder to Barbie Myers  (2/14/15)
for my dear wife, celebrating 25 years of sobriety today. Please join me in
giving thanks for the wonder that is AA. Christopher Hart (2/14/15)

+ Concluding Collect +
O God, be with us as we come together on this list; grant us wisdom as we
write; compassion as we read; and above all, discernment in our actions, so
that what we may write, or think, or do may come from your Holy Spirit,
reflect in all ways your will and in all things be to your glory, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Composed by Sharon Brown, 9 Feb.2000)