[Magdalen] A Rose is a Rose.

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:14:10 UTC 2015

Ooh, I recognise that gesture!
I attended a Sarum mass at Christ Church, Bronxville, some years ago
now. The deacon and sub-deacon each held an end of a cloth not
dissimilar to a humeral veil, only shorter. This in the Sarum Mass is
called a Houseling Cloth, and is suspended horizontally under the
distributing priest's hands and the communicant's chin, so as to catch
any fragments of the Host. I found it a very moving gesture of
respect.

Regards
Lesley de Voil