[Magdalen] A Rose is a Rose.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Mar 19 12:54:22 UTC 2015

All this reminds me of an incident at 11:15 Mass at St Paul's K Street back in
the 1960s. We had an unexpectedly large congregation that day, so Fr.
Richards -- Rector (and Celebrant) told one of the acolytes to go get another
package of hosts from the sacristy. As he started to open it, the wafers popped
out and seemed to fly everywhere.

As he intoned the prayer of humble excess <g>, he started laughing at "we are
not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs from beneath thy table" as he
realized the acolytes and MC were all busy gathering up crumbs from beneath the
table . . .

The choir who could see clearly what was going on giggled as well, but the poor
congregation was unable to see the reason for the merriment, other than an
acolyte or two crawling around the floor in front of the altar.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie