[Magdalen] More Clergy DWI

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Mar 19 15:28:03 UTC 2015

I realize that some here will denounce the heresy, but Chris Hayes on MSNBC
alerted me to an article in the Atlantic magazine

"The Surprising Failures of 12 Steps

"How a pseudoscientific, religious organization birthed the most trusted method
of addiction treatment

"Say you’ve been diagnosed with a serious, life-altering illness or
psychological condition. In lieu of medication, psychotherapy, or a combination
thereof, your doctor prescribes nightly meetings with a group of similarly
afflicted individuals, and a set of 12 non-medical guidelines for recovery, half
of which require direct appeals to God. What would you do?"

See more at:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/03/the-surprising-failures-of-12-steps/284616/

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie