[Magdalen] Awake

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 19:06:11 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/23/2015 12:07:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Still  over a foot of snow up here in the frozen tundra>>>

There are still patches in the woods here in the Pennsylvania
Poconos, but the roofs are clear.  It's similar to the  situation last
week before the surprise 5" snow last Friday.  This morning the  cleaning
lady took a spill on the black ice that had developed just overnight
at the front stairway.  She was, luckily, not injured.  My  driveway,
which is at nearly a 45 degree slope, is deadly with the black ice.
Yet, it is a mild slope compared to many in this vicinity.  I do  not
understand how some people manage to get in and out of their
driveways.  It's interesting how such things become much more
important as we age.

It's hard to watch the perpetual adds for spring annuals and lawn
turfbuilder (including "Scotty" the Scotsman who pushes Scott's
lawn products) with all such yard activities seeming to be distant
at this time.

David Strang.