[Magdalen] Palm Sunday procession leaders

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:00:05 UTC 2015

I am always grateful to our rector, who will announce part
way through a baptism that photography will cease at a
certain point. He's gracious about it, and I've never seen
anyone attempt an end-run.

Near the end of his life, I was invited to a reading by W.H.
Auden. He was very old and both awkward and frail. And
some idiot brought a camera. Tears appeared in his cheek
folds, and the hostess grabbed the miscreant and marched
her into the kitchen and out the back door.
-M