[Magdalen] prayers for discernment

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:27:18 UTC 2015

My dear partner and I are thinking of moving but haven't gotten serious
enough to do anything about it.

I was motivated enough to scan some websites for homes with a room that
would make a fine monastic oratory. Then he decided we need to build a home
centered on an oratory. This has taken the air out of my motivation and
made me worry that our relationship will be strainwd over it. I object to
building a house and don't know anything about it; there are plenty of
houses without adding another; it turns a project I could get behind into
one I can't imagine doing, ans it likely would move us out to a bland
suburb. Too big a project for me to just go along with a rigid plan of his.
I fear how the essential discussions on this could end up.