[Magdalen] prayers for discernment

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Mar 27 04:09:04 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>My partner is obsessed with chickens.  He raised them at one  point
>in a rural setting in New Mexico.  They were of all shapes and  sizes.

Albert is too -- and tended them in Cuba when he was young. When we lived in
Philadelphia, he bought a live one at the Italian Market  The neighbors tracked
me down in California because they took umbrage at a chicken in the back yard
clucking away just before dawn.

His friend Willy killed and cooked it, much to Albert's sorrow.

>We have chicken bric a brac everywhere, including quite a number
>of chicken prints and even chicken (mostly roosters) oil paintings.

We have a stained glass chicken that lights up!

Cheers,
Jim