[Magdalen] prayers for discernment

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:57:16 UTC 2015

We had chickens for awhile. I didn't like them. The smell of the
hen house really bothered me.

But chickens are a delight compared to rabbits. Foul-tempered
dirty beasts. We took care of cousin Alwynne's rabbits when she
and her five kids were moving from one farm to another. To be
fair to the rabbits, they probably hated being caged, but they
were mean critters, too stupid to bear their confinement with
any semblance of dignity.

Several years ago I was taking a walk one day when I heard
roosters crowing. At first I thought "Awww, somebody's keeping
chickens." Then I realized they were probably fighting cocks.
-M