[Magdalen] prayers for discernment

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 13:35:08 UTC 2015

You can find regulations here:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/3/Laws/tag/pennsylvania-ordinances/
So - you can have chickens in Harrisburg but not Reading. Cheltenham but not
Allentown. You can have them in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but not
Pottstown. Etc.

My daughter got chickens last Fall - she lives in Littleton, MA - not a
rural location. No restrictions, AFAIK. However, one day she was outside
handling one of the chickens, and felt something brushing her hair. It was a
hawk. They do need to be protected against hawks, coyotes, foxes, etc.

A largish chicken coop came with this house, but so far we haven't been
tempted.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com