[Magdalen] Lubitz.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:22:03 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> Since Poland and Germany have been side by side and there has
> been much flip-flop of boundaries between them through the centuries,
> it's no surprise that there are German names that have been used by
> families who are Polish for centuries, and vice versa.

"Knitter" is one of those, we think. My mother's genealogical work
puts our ancestors in the Gdansk/Danzig area of Kaszubia, a Polish
region with a distinct culture and even version of the Polish
language.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA